Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Skull Drawing (Life Drawing)


I have just finished my skull drawing. This was a very fun subject for me to draw because I like skulls a lot. I think they look really cool. And I also drew it in a very different style than I have been drawing the rest of the semester. Instead of using contour lines I used shading again, and when I did this, I realized that over the semester I have forgotten how to shade. For some reason it completely escaped my memory. It was so weird because shading used to be something that I loved to do, but since it had been so long since I have done it I didn't know how to do it anymore. This drawing felt very rushed because I didn't have very much time to work on it, and it was much harder than I thought it was going to be. There are a lot of parts of skulls that you don't usually think about. But I think it turned out pretty cool. I tried to make it look dark and mysterious. This is also something I don't do very often. But I think I achieved the affect that I want it to have. It was really fun to not have as many guidelines with this drawing as there were with all of the rest that we have done this semester. It allowed me to be a lot more creative with this drawing.

No comments:

Post a Comment