Monday, December 20, 2010

Mannequin (Life Drawing)


I am FINALLY done with my mannequin! It did not turn out as well as I would have hoped it would, but I am fairly satisfied with it considering the struggles that happened with it along the way. I was running out of clay and there was no more in the classroom so in my attempts to be conservative in my usage of it, some muscles look smaller than they should, which makes it look funny. Also, because I ran out of clay, I had to resort to using different colors like yellow and blue instead of just using green and it looks really funny. Especially when they run together at certain spots. It was also really, really difficult for me to get the clay as smooth as I wanted it to, and as small as I wanted to in certain parts like then tendons on the hands. This was incredibly meticulous. This project was also so time consuming, but I am really used to projects that are time consuming. Certain parts of it were fun. It felt like I was playing with play-doh. And I definitely learned a lot about how the human body works. The most helpful thing for me was looking at the model in the classroom and seeing how that one was put together then trying to recreate it on my mannequin. After doing that it was much easier to understand exactly what I was supposed to do. I think that was much more helpful that trying to follow the book and recreate it from that. Probably because it was all put together right in front of me. I am fairly please with how it turned out, but not completely satisfied with it. But I am very glad to be done with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment