Saturday, December 18, 2010

Seventh Week (Life Drawing)

We only had class on Tuesday of this week, because we had finals on Thursday, but on Tuesday we started out by doing some gesture drawings. For some reason mine did not turn out very well. It was very disappointing. There's a possibility that it is because I haven't done as many of them as I usually do in a while, but I wasn't happy with a single one of them. It felt like the time to do them was going by so quickly that I could barely get anything drawn. Maybe that is because I am taking more time on certain things to make sure I am doing it correctly, so it takes me longer to get it to look the way I want it to now. After that, we did a long pose and that one actually turned out really well. I seemed to do it in a good amount of time as well, I got done with it fairly quickly, but I felt like I spent enough time on it to do it accurately. I think that I am learning how to manage my time efficiently when I draw, but the gesture drawings do not allow for enough time for me to do that. That is probably my problem. But I am happy with the way that the long pose turned out so I will most likely use it in my final. Now I need to get ready for my final by finishing my fourth shell drawing, and finishing up my maniken. These are both going to be kind of difficult to do, but as long as I spend a decent amount of time on each of them they should turn out fine.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you mean... I always think my gestures are completely horrible. I focus on proportions and overall accuracy instead of worrying about the movement they're supposed to represent. Hah, guess we both will have to work on it eh? It's hard to try and NOT be worried about proportions.. meh.

    ReplyDelete