Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Second Project Critique (Drawing III 2)



For the critique on my second drawing, I felt that that one went very well as well. I worked very hard on this drawing, and I got some good compliments on it, and it was very nice to hear those since I put so much effort into it, and I also got some more constructive criticism on this piece as well. They really liked the drawing as a whole, and they considered it to be a mural art. This took me by surprise because that was not necessarily my intention, but I liked the idea of making a mural that makes a very big and bold statement. They said that this piece definitely expressed the meaning and viewpoint behind it, so making a mural of it made a lot of sense. They talked about how it was a bit of a cross between realism and abstract, which was read as being somewhat confusing, so I am either going to try and render it more to be more realistic like Sam Durant’s work, or take away some of the rendering I have already done to make it more cartoony. They compared it to Frida Khalo’s work. I can definitely see how that is the case and it can be confusing because as I was working on the drawing I was still undecided as to whether or not I wanted it to be realistic, and I was leaning more towards realistic, but I was not finished with the rendering yet, so I think I’m going to go back and finish that. Nothing was said about the background, but I suppose that is a good thing because it is not meant to be a prominent part of the piece so it was not mean to be that noticeable. They said that everything else looked good though so for the most part I am pleased with this piece. I think all of my hard work really helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment