Monday, November 15, 2010

Sixth Week (Life drawing)


We did more gesture drawings and long poses this week, as well as working more with our maniken. The gesture drawings and long poses seem to be getting a little redundant because we are doing so many of them, but the more you do them the better you become so repetition is necessary in order to master them. We had our first experience with a male model which was a very different experience from the female figure. It was very interesting and enlightening to have this experience. For the last long pose of the week, we just focused on the foot. I had never paid much attention to the foot before, but there is a lot to look at when examining it. Examining it so closely for such a long made me realize and see many new things about it.
We added the leg muscles to our manikens and the muscles on the foot as well. There are many, many tiny muscles on the foot which made it hard and tedious to work with, but I eventually was able to do it. The more I work with the manikens the easier they are, but they are still really difficult. We also started our second shell contour line drawing. The comments that the other students in my class made on it were that I used the wrong angle to draw the shell in the first place, so I need to fix that. And it was also said that I needed to work slower which I found to be very strange because I usually work incredibly slow, but for some reason with the shell drawing I am drawing very quickly, so I will try to draw slower when I re-do it the next time.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you've kept the clay color consistent, mine is moving from blue to red to white.

    ReplyDelete