Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Midterm

I can not believe that the semester is halfway over already! It is crazy how fast it has gone!
I was not at sure what to expect coming in to this class, and I was really nervous for it. I had never done anything like this before, and I was not sure how to feel about it. It was a little weird at first, but after a while I got used to it. It was hard to learn exactly how I was supposed to do the gesture drawings, but I eventually learned. The gesture drawings were the most difficult for me because they are very quick and I usually like to take my time with my drawing, so the long poses were much easier for me. The hardest things for me, however, is the manikin. The first reason it is so hard for me is because it is 3 dimensional, and I typically like to work in 2D. This makes it hard to visualize what exactly the manikin is supposed to look like. But seeing examples makes it a lot easier. Overall, this class is turning out to be really interesting and I am learning a lot from taking it. It is completely changing my way of looking at an object from seeing it's outline and trying to recreate those as accurately as possible, and instead looking at the inside of an object to understand how exactly it is made up and created, and then recreating it from the inside out. It gives you a much greater understanding of how to draw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment