Monday, May 17, 2010

Third Critique


This critique was probably the most disappointing for me. The reason why it was so disappointing was because I worked the hardest on this piece, and during the critique, the class sort of ripped it apart. (Figuratively speaking). The objective of this piece was to create something using the style of Monet. They said that I chose a good composition and subject matter for the piece, but they didn't like the way that I went about drawing it at all. They said that I should not have used black because that made the colors look much less saturated, which is not a characteristic of Monet. They said that the colors I used reflected a time of day that Monet would not typically paint from. They said that when they looked at the piece, they didn't get the feeling of Monet from it at all.
Because of all of the criticism, though, I did learn a lot from it. It was constructive and I definitely learned some techniques and tips to make it better in the future. Also, something that was comforting was that they said that it was not a bad drawing, but it was a drawing that is going to be a great drawing. it just needed a little more work. And I think that the tips that were given will help me be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment