Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Second Critique


The second critique was a little disappointing for me because I realized that I made some poor decisions when deciding what I should draw. The class pointed out that it was very evident that I used stock photos, and the fact that I chose to draw the stock photos realistically made my drawings a lot less interesting. The reason why I chose to draw them realistically is because it has always been very challenging for me to draw realistically, but I now understand why it gives more creativity to a piece if I change the photos and draw them in a different style.
Not only did I make a poor decision in choosing to use stock photos in the first place, but I also chose poor stock photos to draw from. It was very difficult to find a picture that I could draw of a grandmother, so I chose what I thought was the best one, but the one that I chose was clearly an Asian woman which did not make sense to use with the other picture of the American child. Also, the picture of the child that I used was a bad one to use because she looks very posed. It was a candid shot, but she looks like a child model, so it gives the impression that she thinks she is very photogenic, etc.
It was very disappointing because I spent a lot of time working on these drawings, and they didn't turn out how I wanted, but I learned a lot from doing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment