Friday, February 12, 2010

First Critique


In my opinion, the first critique went extremely well. I spent a lot of time on my drawing, and I don't feel that it was as good as other people's work, but I was still pretty proud of it. Something that surprised me, though, was that the majority of my classmates felt that my drawing looked finished, when I definitely felt like there were a lot of things that still needed to be rendered in order to look better. I was definitely rushing at the end, because I spent so much time on it that I ran out of time to finish it, but I did the best that I could, and the people in my class seemed to like the drawing a lot. 
Something that one person suggested was that it would look really good if I did it in color, which I agree, because the original picture in color really brings out the gems, but that wasn't the assignment, so I couldn't do that, plus that would've been a lot of work. Something that I would've changed though, was that I would've added more to the drawing in order to give it more meaning, because I wanted to create something meaningful, and I feel like I didn't accomplish that, but I still think the drawing looks good. I am excited to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment